Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Thank You for Listening

I never would have remembered this, if not for Facebook memories.

Apparently, four years ago today, when our younger son was six years old, he said something I wanted to remember. Trying to wrap his mind around God's ability to hear the prayers of everyone in the entire world, Jonathan theorized that, perhaps, every time a new baby is born, God grows a new ear.

I like the sound of that.

A special place for every single voice to be heard.

How exactly does He hear us, each one of us, every day?

I don't know, but I wish more people understood that He does, that He has an ear for you, that He wants you to cry out to Him, pour it all out before Him, the way a child assumes their parents want to hear their every thought.

Unlike us, He never grows weary of listening.

His ear for you is attentive and eager.

The words don't have to be right.

Just let Him hear your voice.


No comments: